Manuscript Preparation and Submission Guidelines
The papers of the ISFNT-14 will be published in a special edition of the International Journal “Fusion Engineering and Design” edited by Elsevier after a peer review. The entire submission and review process of this journal is handled electronically using the Elsevier Editorial System (EES). For this reason all the authors of the papers accepted for the ISFNT conference have to do an extra registration to this electronic editorial system that differs from the ISFNT-14 database used for the abstract submission. Of course only the papers corresponding to the accepted abstracts will be taken into consideration for the publication process.
All papers should be submitted electronically through https://ees.elsevier.com/fusengdes/default.asp before 31 August 2019. Authors submit their papers online by simply registering, logging on and submitting. The corresponding special issue (“VSI: ISFNT-14”) and the name of the Managing Guest Editor (Prof. Gabor Veres) should be selected.
Papers will appear online as they get accepted, no dedicated volumes will be created. In this way papers will look like ordinarily submitted papers, and the Symposium’s material will be distributed among several volumes, with a logical link in between linking them all to the Symposium.
All correspondence, including notification of the editor’s decision and requests for revisions, is done by e-Mail and via the Author’s homepage, removing the need for hard copy.
The submitted manuscripts have to be written in English, and should bear the name(s) and full affiliation(s) of the author(s) as well as the mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and e-Mail address of the corresponding author.
The length of the contributed paper (poster and oral) is preferably up to 6 journal pages, whereas the length of the invited papers is preferably up to 10 journal pages.
You may use the paper template (in Word format) to ensure you meet the page limits.
Submission of Manuscripts via EES
Click on the following link through http://ees.elsevier.com/fusengdes/default.asp to access the website of Fusion Engineering and Design.
On that page, select the item “submit paper” from the links at the top of the page.
Enter your existing EES username and password and click “Author Login”. If you do not presently have an EES account, create one at this time by clicking “Register Now”.
Now you are in your Author Main Menu. Follow the instructions for a new submission. During this process you have to follow 9 steps :
- Enter Title: please give the title of the paper according to the abstract that has been accepted for.
- Select Article Type: please select “VSI: ISFNT-14”.
- Add/Edit/Remove Authors: please enter the details of all authors (other than you) who contributed to the work reported in your manuscript.
- Submit Abstract: please upload the abstract of the paper.
- Enter Keywords: please enter appropriate Keywords.
- Select Classifications: this input is required for internal purposes of EES. By doing this step, you enable the system to better match EES Reviewers who have identical or similar Classifications to review your submission. Please note that this classification differs from the ISFNT-14 topics.
- Enter Comments: please use this part to report changes in comparison to the accepted abstract (e.g. modification of the title). The editor will decide on your requests.
- Request Editor: the name of “Prof. Gabor Veres” has to be selected.
- Attach Files: this section will be used to upload your manuscript. Figures and tables can be uploaded within the manuscript file or by using additional separated files.