Solicitation for Nomination
The International Standing Committee (ISC) for the International Symposium on Fusion Nuclear Technology (ISFNT) has approved a “MA-FNT Award”. This e-mail is a solicitation for nominations for the eighth award, which will be presented at ISFNT-14 in Budapest, Hungary. The deadline for the nominations is 31 May, 2019.
Title of Award
Miya-Abdou Award for Outstanding Technical Contributions to the Field of Nuclear Technology (FNT). The award title is abbreviated as MA-FNT Award.
Objective of the Award
The award aims at acknowledging outstanding technical contributions to the field of Fusion Nuclear Technology at a young age. The technical contributions can be in any field that is within the scope of ISFNT. The award is intended for scientists and engineers at age 40 or younger.
The winner of the award will receive $ 5,000 (five thousand) and a certificate plaque briefly citing his/her principal achievements.
When the Award will be given
The Award will be bestowed at every meeting of ISFNT. This solicitation of nomination is for the award to be given in ISFNT-14 in Budapest, Hungary.
Miya-Abdou Award Winners
ISFNT-6 (2002) San Diego, USA
- Neil Morley (UCLA, USA)
- Lance Snead (ORNL, USA)
ISFNT-7 (2005), Tokyo, Japan
- Pietro Barabaschi (ITER Organization)
- Takeshi Hirai (FZ Jülich, Germany)
- Yves Poitevin (CEA, France)
ISFNT-8 (2007), Heidelberg, Germany
- Olivier Gastaldi (CEA, France)
- Hiroyasu Tanigawa (JAEA, Japan)
ISFNT-9 (2009), Dalian, China
- Koichiro Ezato (JAEA, Japan)
ISFNT-10 (2011) Portland, USA
- Yuntao Song (ASIPP, China)
ISFNT-11 (2013) Barcelona, Spain
- Tsuyoshi Hoshino (JAEA, Japan)
ISFNT-12 (2015) Jeju, Korea
- Masashi Shimada (Idaho National Laboratory, USA)
ISFNT-13 (2017) Kyoto, Japan
- Jing Song (INEST, China)
- Hiroo Kondo (QST, Japan)
The nomination can be made by any individual. The nomination package shall have:
- A nomination letter with adequate documentation of the nominee’s technical contributions and accomplishments. The nomination letter must briefly summarize the principal outstanding accomplishments of the nominee. The nomination must certify that the nominee is at 40 or younger at the time of the nomination.
- Three (or more) letters from other scientists supporting the nomination.
Transmittal of Nomination Package
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically via e-mail to Prof. Luciano Giancarli
(ITER) email: Luciano.Giancarli@iter.org.
The deadline for receiving nomination packages is 15 May, 2019.
On behalf of the “MA-FNT Award” Committee, I would like to encourage you to nominate qualified, outstanding young FNT scientists/ researchers/ engineers.
Chair MA-FNT Award Committee for 2019